Abstract Submission Deadline:
29 April 2016 16 May 2016, 5pm
Abstract Submission Deadline:
- Individuals employed within the National University Health System (NUHS), National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS), National University Heart Centre, Singapore (NUHCS), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicing (YLL SOM), Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH) and Cancer Science Institute of Singapore (CSI) are eligible to submit abstracts.
Abstract Submission Instructions
- All abstract submissions are free.
- All abstracts are to be submitted via the online abstract submission form. You will receive a confirmation email that acknowledges the receipt of your abstract. You will also be assigned with an Abstract ID in the confirmation email. This ID will be required for the waiver of your Registration Fees when completing the Event Registration Form.
- All abstracts submitted must contain work related to Cancer Research.
- All abstracts are limited to 2000 characters (with spaces), excluding abstract title and authors’ affiliations.
- Organize the abstract according to four sections, identified by the following headers:
Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
- List all individual authors for each abstract.
- Submit your authors’ affiliations in the following sample format:
Hui Xin Tan (1,2), 1 Department of Haematology-Oncology, National University Health System, 2 Cancer Science Institute of Singapore
Abstract Submission Categories
- Authors must select one category that best fits their abstract. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to re-categorize an abstract.
- The submission categories are:
- Basic Science
- Clinical Science*
- Translational Science*
- Nursing/Paramedical/Supportive Care
*Sub-categories include Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Paediatric Oncology, Medical Oncology, Gynaegologic Oncology, Malignant Haematology, Pathology and Diagnostic Imaging.
Responsibilities of the First Author
- First Author must attend NCIS Annual Research Meeting 2016 (NCAM) to present the abstract (this includes being present during the scheduled time of a poster or oral presentation session).
- First Author must register online for the meeting.
- Only the registration fees of the First Author of submitted abstracts will be waived.
- First Author must verify that all authors listed on the abstract are aware of and agree with the contents of the abstract.
- First Author must confirm that all co-authors agree to transfer copyright of the abstract to NCIS for online publication.
- Individuals may serve as First Author of more than one abstract. The same contact information and email address from the First Author must be used for each abstract.
- All abstracts will be reviewed for scientific merit by a Scientific Committee, which will decide whether the abstract will be selected for general poster or oral presentation for NCAM 2016.
- The outcome of each submitted abstracts will be notified to the First Author by email by mid June 2016.
- There will be a total of 21 awards given for NCAM 2016 (Oral, Poster and Junior Investigator Award).
- The Scientific Committee will rate each poster and oral presentation. The award recipients will be announced during the Award Presentation Ceremony at NCAM 2016.
For help in submitting an abstract online, email email@example.com